"Type, Impression, Suitability & Size"
When searching for a commercial property to buy, you should aim to meet your current and foreseeable business needs. Searching for the ideal property can be undertaken by yourself or by an agent appointed to represent you. Once you have identified the property of your choice, an agent can carry out both tasks for you. There will be a fee should you appoint an agent to assist in the acquisition but this could be money well spent if you are not experienced in acquiring commercial property.
There are a number of factors that should be clarified before choosing a property, such as:
- What type of commercial property is required
- What impression does the commercial property give to the company’s clients, customers, suppliers and potential staff?
- What facilities are required; do you require at least two bathrooms for both male, female staff and visitors?
- How much space is required for each business activity? For example, if you are looking to buy an office, it is important to consider the number of desks you will need and the space required to accommodate them
- Is the floor loading suitable for the machinery you propose to use?
- Whether the commercial property will be suitable to work in. For example, is it multi-level and does a lift serve all floors?
- There are a number of ways to find your ideal commercial property:
- Research Estate agents’ For Sale’ signboards outside the commercial properties
- Browse Commercial Estate Agents
- Appoint a Commercial Surveyor to represent you
- Professional advice can be provided from a commercial property solicitor or a commercial property surveyor, in order to determine whether the commercial property will suit your business needs.